Front Door Paint Ideas
One of the things the New Year represents is new beginnings. And a way to rejuvenate your home for the New Year is to paint the front door.
Paired up with updated door hardware, a freshly painted front door adds instant curb appeal, and helps it stand out from the rest of the doors in the neighborhood. It says you care about your home, and can help make it easy to find for guests: “It’s the one with the red front door, you can’t miss it!”
A newly painted front door can also uplift the mood if you live in an area that’s prone to a lot of rain or gets clobbered with fog. Coming home from work, the grocery store or picking the kids up from school (or all three!), you probably have a lot on your mind even before you open the front door. What better way to greet you and change the mood than to have an entry with a color that belies the dreary weather or your troubled mind?
Whether you’re in the bustling big city, landlocked in the suburbs or just a few steps from the ocean, each color has a purpose and can work wonders for your front door and, as a result, your entire home.
- Blue represents the sky, water and abundance.
- Red is a bold choice. In Feng Shui, as well as for weary travelers in early America, red means “welcome.”
- Yellow evokes mental clarity, humor and wisdom.
- Green expresses balance, peace, compassion and harmony.
- Orange is bright, upbeat and popular with contemporary and modern architecture.
A quick update to the front door can preview what’s happening inside the home. Even a fresh coat of paint can help your front door stand out like new again.
Until next time, Happy Home Improving!
Powered by Facebook Comments